Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Vestibulectomy.

Let me first say i feel horrible i havent updated this earlier.

I want to give as many details about surgery day as possible.

So i wake up at 7am to be in the city by 9am. The worst part about the surgery was the aniticipation. I get bad anxiety so that sucked alot. When i arrived at the facility i felt SO MUCH BETTER. just seeing where it was going to be and talking to the nurses calmed me down so much. I was even laughing and joking around with my sister and friend who was there with me. I changed into the gown and little booties and was directed into the room where it was going to be.

I layed down and my dr put my legs up and asked if that position was comfortable.. the anasthesiologist put the IV in my arm and then told me she would soon start the anasthesisia. Right when she started i felt a coldness in my arm which they said was normal. seconds later i was dozing off and POOF i was asleep.

I woke up and felt drowzy. They helped me up and walked me over to the recovery room. I was connected to a heart monitor i believe and it would beep if i didnt take deep breaths so that made me force myself to relax. i looked down and saw an ice pack between my legs. I told the nurse i was ok and she looked after me. My sister and friend came in and i was still out of it. I didnt feel the  pain because i was all numbed down. I told the nurse  i had to pee bad and that was actually something alot of women struggle with. The nurse helped me up and i took TINY steps to the bathroom with her. I peed so hard. It was like an explosion of pee LOL! extreme pressure to pee. Tiny bit of blood. then i went back to the recovery room and drak like 3 cups of water. Peed again! then the nurse took off the heart monitor and i chilled a little bit longer then i left!

so my sisters friend drove me, my sis, and my friend home. I was in the back seat laying down and my head was lying on my friends lap. Half way home we were stuck in traffic and i notice that the extreem pressure to pee was starting and i started to cry. We had to stop at a gas station. I peed so hard again. I instantly felt better. Then another half hour drive to my house and right when we pulled up i had that extreme pee again so i cryed while i walked in my door and hurryed to the bathroom. I went to my bed and this is where the revovery begins.....

all in all...i noticed that the actual process of the surgery like the panicking and worrying and anticipation was a waste because it wasnt even a big deal. the recovery was really really really hard the first 5-6 days. I will give details in my next post about that :)

xo -Sarah 

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete